There are two broad categories that Proving Grounds missions fall into.
Forward Line Operation
A Forward Line Operation or FLO, takes place on larger maps between two squads of 12 each (12v12). FLO missions generally run longer per round than a BDX mission with fewer rounds required to win the match.
- FLO Bridge EX
- FLO Downtown EX
- FLO Harbor Assault AC
- FLO Hospital EX
- FLO Inner Hospital EX
- FLO ThreeKings AC
Battle Drill Exercise
The Battle Drill Exercise or BDX, takes place on smaller maps often with more focused missions between two fire teams of 6 each (6v6).
BDX missions are meant to be more like speed chess – rapid engagements where a small team can organize a strategy, try it out, then quickly re-evaluate and execute a different strategy in response to their opponents actions. BDX missions are generally much shorter with more rounds required to win the match. While the speed of game play is ultimately up to the players, game play tends to be much faster on BDX maps.
- BDX Breach EX
- BDX Crossfire DE
- BDX Lockdown EX
- BDX Outer Hospital DE
- BDX Shadowstep EX
- BDX Siege EX
- BDX SpringStreet EX
- BDX Watchdog DE
There are three primary objective types currently in Proving Grounds.
- The Assault team must locate and secure the objective, represented by the 2/56 LRCA-R Guidon Flag.
- After securing the objective, the Assault team must carry the flag to the marked extract location
- If the flag carrier is neutralized, the flag is dropped where it will remain until either it is picked up again or the round ends.
- The Defense team cannot interact with the Guidon Flag. Their only mission is to neutralize the entire Assault team before they can move the flag to the extraction zone.
- If the entire Defense team is neutralized, Assault wins the round. If time expires before the flag reached the extraction zone, Defense wins.
- The Assault team is tasked with locating up to 3 devices placed around the level.
- Activating the devices requires 8 seconds of uninterrupted interaction.
- Defense cannot interact with the objectives. Their only mission is to neutralize the entire Assault team before they can activate all of the devices.
- If the entire Defense team is neutralized, Assault wins the round. If time expires before Assault activates all of the devices, Defense wins.
- The Assault team must locate and arm explosives at a marked location
- Once armed, the Assault team must make sure Defense doesn't disarm the explosives
- Defense is tasked with preventing the explosives from being armed. In the event that the explosive become armed, Defense must disarm the explosives before they detonate.
- Even if the entire Assault team is wiped out, if the explosives are armed Defense must still successfully disarm them to win round.
- If the entire Defense team is neutralized, Assault wins the round. If the timer expires, Defense scores the win.